I am BodySensei Andy Grant. I am a Grenadian from St. Andrews. As a young man, I started running and fitness training with some friends in my neighborhood and would take part in any sport I could. I began boxing and went on to become a heavy-weight amateur boxer, representing Grenada at regional and international OECS Championships games, Pan American games, and the Commonwealth games. I traveled throughout the world, including to Manchester, Canada, Trinidad & Tobago, Barbuda, Antigua, St. Kitts & Nevis, St. Lucia, Barbados, Cuba, Mexico, El Salvador, Colombia, Dominican Republic.
After boxing, I worked with UNICEF to build a youth fitness program and gained certifications as a youth boxing coach. I love working with children and continue to volunteer with the Special Olympics and other organizations.
Through my travels, I met and started training with world-class fitness instructors. For the last decade, I have been a personal and group fitness instructor throughout the Caribbean. Because I used to be a heavyweight boxer I know ways to build muscle quickly in the areas you want to, in a healthy way, in muscle building and body sculpting classes. I also am an experienced long-distance runner and have helped pace marathon runners, including 3 runners for the London Marathon 2009, a segment which was featured on ITV London.
Now, I am based with my family in New York City. I enjoy inspiring and training a variety of visitors in fitness and sport. What I love most though, is providing my unique BodySensei® combination workout -helping those who are prepared to work hard for good health and self respect . . .
Trained by Master Trainers, listed below, all of whom have commended me and are in support of my determination to excel.
- Pilates – by Jane Wake, voted UK’s No 1 fitness expert by the Independent (newspaper). http://www.body-a-wake.com
- Fun Cardio Work-Outs, with Body Conditioning – by Julie Dawn Cole, UK.
- Aerobics, Aquacise – by Terry Rice, certified personal trainer, USA
- Fitness Training, Body Building, Anaerobic Weight Loss -by Dean Hodgkin, #1 UK Trainer. http://www.fitnessfiesta.com/presenters/dean_hodgkin.htm
- Aerobics, Aquacise, Cardio Play – by Ginette Deslauriers, Master Trainer, Fitness Pro and TV presenter, Canada. http://www.kardioknockout.com & http://www.videofitness.com
- Tai Chi Ch’uan – Peter Hutchinson, Master Trainer, student of Paul Brewer (UK leading teacher) and Dr Shen Honxung (Shanghai leading teacher)
- Gyrokenisis – by Jessica Talisman reformpilatespdx.com/staff.php
- Yoga – Dr. David D. Ellis, registered Yoga Instructor and Therapist UK, member of the International Association of Yoga Therapists, the World Yoga Alliance.
- Fencing – ongoing with St George’s University instructors.
- Bosu fitness instruction, dance fitness and personal training – The Fitness Centre, Trinidad.
AWARDS & MEDALS
Hospitality – La Source Resort Grenada
Employee of the Year 1st Runner-up 2009.
Employee of the Month: June 2009, April 2011, March 2012.
Most outstanding guest-recognized employee of the quarter: (April-June) and
Sports – Boxing: Representing Grenada in amateur boxing – light-heavy/heavyweight 1997 – 2007 in regional and international games.
- AFAA Group Exercise: The Practical Way Workshop
- American Red Cross Course July 2013. Adult & Pediatric First Aid/CPR/AED certification July 2013.
- NASM Personal Fitness (National Academy of Sports Medicine) and CPT Completed Workshop in NYC, Summer 2013 and September 28th in Boston, Fall 2013.
- Equinox Personal Training Academy: Attended Academy Classes in Spring, 2014
- CCSN ACT, Certificate of Recognition of Caribbean Community Skills Qualification 1995.
- T&T Boxing Association coaching certificate 04th September 2006.
- Community Vulnerability and Capacity Assessment Training Programmed August 20th 2007.
- Trinidad & Tobago Red Cross Society August 24th 2007.
- Active Community Club Administration, Certificate of Achievement .
- Trinidad & Tobago Alliance for Sport and Physical Education (TTASPE), UNICEF, Australian Sports Outreach program (ASOP), Tobago September 2007.